Roll up your sleeves and boost your knowledge. At Arctic15 you can take part in a variety of workshops that are hosted by experts in their field. Our workshops are a great opportunity to share experiences and connect with like-minded people.
We want you to make most out of Arctic15.
REGISTER to WORKSHOPS
|Day 1 – Wednesday 30 May 2018
|10:00 – 10:50||Keep your hands clean when entering emerging markets. Bamboo Group’s insights from own experience.|
Serial Entrepreneur, VC
Founder and CEO, Bamboo Group OÜ
|In this workshop we will cover the following points:
– Why to want this challenge? What capabilities and personal traits you should have.
– 3 essential steps to make and not to skip.
– Brief profile of local counterparts and influencers.
– Between-the-lines vs. Straight-forward – typology of business cultures by countries.
– Short story about failure: practical takeaways.
– What can help to be more persuasive. Popular prejudices & What expectations you have to meet.
– Hints on how to reduce informational asymmetry and incompleteness of information.
|11:00 – 11:50||Employee experience: Key to Employer Branding|
|Hilla Lempiäinen, Digital Recruiter / Susanna Aho, Digital Recruiter||Why it is important to put effort on Employer Branding and what to focus on. Today’s work environment is extremely competitive and talented people have the opportunity to choose their workplace. With successful Employer Branding you can make sure the right people want to work with you! The workshop will focus on: *Common pitfalls in Employer Branding
– Internal employer image
– Retaining talent
– Employee branding
– Uniqueness of IT industry: the toughest, most demanding environment for organizations
|12:00 – 12:50||How do you get the biggest investment from a Business Angel?|
|Reidar Wasenius, Managing Director, Finnish Business Angels Network – FiBAN||Advice to startup on how to approach a Business Angel, how he thinks and what to do to get him to invest as much as possible.|
|14:00 – 14:50||How to increase valuation of your start-up with smart Intellectual Asset utilization|
|Jari Rantala, Business Developer & Advisor in Aalto University||In this workshop we will talk about the following:
– Start-up vs. investor targets (Why?)
– What and how to do internally + what and how to outsource? (What & How?)
– Prioritization of IP related tasks
– from ad-hoc to sustainable asset portfolio utilization (How?)
|14:00 – 14:50||What makes you worth talking about?|
|Stephen Lee, Strategy Director||We are going to have an interactive workshop where we are going to talk about creating awareness about your brand in the media: mostly about how PR should be an essential part of company marketing strategy and how to make your company worth talking about.|
|15:00 – 15:50||How to succeed with Facebook Advertising|
|Thomas Moen, Marketer – Entrepreneur – Business Coach – Influencer – Speaker||Thomas has over 17 years of experience within digital marketing and the last 6 years helped thousands of businesses succeed with their Facebook Advertising. In this workshop Thomas will share his methods and tactics that let’s you scale your FB ads with a good profit margin.|
|15:00-15:50||Networking for dummies|
|Joppe Quaedvlieg, Chief of Happiness||Everyone knows they should network, but what does that actually mean? What are the tools out there available to help you in that matter? In my workshop we take a look at – Intentional versus unintentional networking.
– How to know why you are networking and with what skills, products, resources or people?
– The personal marketing plan, a tool to help follow up.
REGISTER to WORKSHOPS
Day 2 – Thursday 31 May 2018
|11:00 – 11:50||Startup success – It is just about the right “Mind-Match-ed” team.|
|Shriram Viswanathan, Co-Founder SkiKey / Akshay Sharma, Strategist, Technologist, Serial Entrepreneur||Startup success rates are painfully poor and only 10% of the startups are able to survive and grow beyond three years of their creation. Many researchers and startup gurus have come out with many reasons of success and failures of startups but a pathbreaking research by SciKey has proved that the key reason is primarily ‘Not the right mind-match-ed team’. This workshop takes through the concept of SciKey Mind-Match and how start-ups can assess their own readiness based on this model. Startups will be given link of the questionnaire that they can update and get a free consultation by SciKey (at site or remotely) on how to fill gaps to improve their chances of success.|
|11:00 – 11:50||Raising funding without losing equity.|
|Louis Papaemmanuel, Director & Member Of The Board||In this workshop we will discuss the following:
– Overview of EU Funding, explained in StartUp’s language
– The dedicated SME Instrument
– Specific EU funding for entrepreneurs, StartUps and SMEs (individual grants between €50.000 to €2,5 million)
– How to apply to for the SME Instrument – the whole process from proposal to grant
– What does a European commission appointed proposal evaluator typically look for?
– What you need to remember when filling out the application? DOs and DONTs
|13:00 – 13:50||Welever – The Social Impact Tool|
|Domingo Alberto Egea / Magnus Kleist, Sales Director||Welever, the social impact management platform – The technology empowers companies, Universitates, NGOs and individuals with the tool to initiate, manage and measure social volunteering initiatives using the guidelines set by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.|
|13:00 – 13:50||Things you can do today to prepare for a successful future exit.|
|Nina Seghatoleslami, Vice President – Client Services||The Tech M&A workshop every executive and owner should attend. We’ll discuss the top 10 Tech trends, which sectors are HOT, which sectors are consolidating, who are the biggest strategic and financial buyers, current market valuations and recent Nordic transactions. This event will help you look at your company from a strategical perspective and help you understand where your company is positioned in the current market. Start with the end in mind, preparation is key for a successful future sale of your company.|
|14:00 – 14:50||New Space Economy is Ready for Orbit! How ESA business incubation can fund & launch your startup into space.|
|Kimmo Isbjörnssund, Manager ESA BIC Finland||In this workshop we will talk about:
– Why is space economy a hot topic right now?
– What can ESA BIC Finland offer to your startup?
– How to get in?